Monthly Poll - July 2020

This or that? Give your opinions in the votes within.

Have you read the first Fowl Twins, if so did you enjoy it?

Poll ended at Sat 8th Aug 2020

I have read it, and I liked it
33%
I have read it, and I thought it was okay
No votes
I have read it, and I didn't like it
No votes
I started reading it, but haven't finished
17%
I haven't read it, but I want to
33%
I haven't read it, but I don't want to
17%

Total votes: 6

Battery
Ringbearer

Monthly Poll - July 2020

Post by Battery » Fri 10th Jul 2020

Hey everybody! :) The new edition of the Haven Herald is up, so that means it's time for a new poll. This month, we're going back to the books. We want to know if you've read the first Fowl Twins book! And as usual, we'd love to hear your more detailed thoughts in the replies :)

Personally, I've started but not finished. It definitely felt like a different animal from the original Artemis books, from what I've read - but it was still fun to dip back into the universe after so long, and I am hoping to finish (maybe even with the read-along, someday? :wink:)
ImageImageImage

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Monthly Poll - July 2020

Post by Cabaline » Fri 10th Jul 2020

I haven't read it yet, but I'm not opposed to it.

I was a bit hesitant about it because I wasn't sure if returning to this world anew after I'd already said goodbye would be good or disappointing. I've heard that it is more geared towards a younger audience, and I wasn't sure if I would feel silly reading it if it turned out it was below my level.
That being said, I think curiosity might one day make me pick it up, even if I just treat it like a bit of a silly spin-off, rather than the next in the Fowl series.
I also think that I would be much more open to picking it up if we did it in the re-read because then I know I'm not the only one doing it and there's someone to hold me accountable :lol:
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 11th Jul 2020

Hey folks, it looks like something got reset when I went back to edit something in the poll, so if you've already cast your vote please do so again if you happen to read this! Otherwise, I do remember how many votes there were before it reset, so it's not a big deal :)
ImageImageImage

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Sun 12th Jul 2020

I read it and I liked it.

I prefer the original AF series, but this was a good, fun read, and it was so nice to go back into that universe. There were some nice references to the original series. I think it is definitely geared towards younger readers, so I had that in mind when I was reading it, I think I would definitely have enjoyed it a lot more if I read it when I was the age I first read AF. The main thing that I didn't like about it was the tone of the writing sometimes, it just seemed like it was trying to be clever by teasing what was going to happen next, but I probably would have liked that when I was 10 XD
Cabaline wrote:
Fri 10th Jul 2020
I've heard that it is more geared towards a younger audience, and I wasn't sure if I would feel silly reading it if it turned out it was below my level.
I understand what you mean Cabby, I went to get the book signed by Eoin Colfer and while there were other people my age there, I definitely felt quite old and a bit silly XD.

But yeah, I think it's in the spirit of the original series and younger readers will enjoy it, and it will hopefully lead them onto discovering the wonders of the AF series!