Da Vinci's Secret

See the Writing Forum Rules thread for info on rating
The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Sun 15th Apr 2007

Oooh! Thanks! For the more A/M part. And that's real sweet of you mp to do that for me. Appreciated :D

Oh, and Minerva's eyes are hazel? Tell me if I'm wrong, but in the other fan fic of yours, you said they were another colour? Ah...perhaps it's from another fan fic, I get confused see :oops:

The word...hm...
Angels?
Love?
Genius?

I don't know!!! You're killing me mp! Update. Please!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
These avatars were from the AFC website!

My homepages: deviantART or FanFiction.net

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Mon 16th Apr 2007

In my one, Minerva's eyes were always hazel. I think that it would be just ditzy for Minerva to have blue eyes. I like subtlety. I often refer to them as opal eyes though, maybe u r thinking of that.
Okay, here's the next bit.

Minerva was awake and bright; strapping on a pair of wings and using the wind they produced to wake Artemis. ‘Martin, Artemis,’ she laughed. ‘Honestly, you were asleep before me!’ Minerva seemed unusually bright. Maybe it the euphoria of going back to Paris, one of her favourite cities in the world. Maybe it was the thrill of adventure. Or maybe it was something no one else knew about. Either was, she was so bouncy that she could get to the moon with just a trampoline.
Artemis shook himself awake and had a quick shower when Minerva went off to discover if Holly and Trouble were awake. Remembering what he had seen of Minerva the night before, he took his clothes into the bathroom and changed there.
By the time he was out, Minerva was back and moving so fast she was almost shielding. Artemis placed a firm hand on her shoulder. ‘No need to shield quite yet,’ he said. She smiled. She hadn’t smiled at him in a long time with such happiness.
‘I’m just high on life,’ she replied as he strapped himself onto her belt. She quickly shielded and flew straight out the window. She knew that she should check out, but she couldn’t be bothered. She hardly has any luggage and it was strapped onto the vibrating Moon belt. Artemis floated slightly beside her. Holly, Trouble and Mulch were next to them, communicating through the helmets. ‘Everybody ready to go to Paris?’ asked Trouble through the mike.
‘Pardon, I didn’t quite get that sentence,’ said Minerva, her French accent unmistakable. ‘It is the helmet. My hair hardly fits under it, and even so, I have bad audio. So were you asking about going to Paris?’ Trouble relayed the message, but this time Minerva heard. ‘Mais Oui. To Paris we go.’

Three hours later, everyone was in Minerva’s Parisian apartment, sipping at cool refreshments. The weren’t going to Saint-Sulpice until after dark, and even then they had to be careful. Foaly had supplied them with gaseous sleep pills, which they merely rolled into a room and held their breath. Then they would find what was under the rose line, destroy it and return to their little humdrum lives. Yeah, real likely.
It all went wrong when Foaly called. Trouble had left his helmet on the bench, and Foaly’s image appeared from the project. Mulch was first to see. ‘Well, if it isn’t Simpson’s donkey,’ he said cheerfully. Foaly smiled, but it was forced.
‘I don’t know who Simpson was and why he had a donkey, but I have much more important news.’ Holly and Trouble were instantly alert. Artemis and Minerva looked up from where they were both working on a switchboard simultaneously.
‘What’s happened Foaly? Is the city on lockdown?’
‘Yes, Trouble, we are. I gave the information to Vinyaya and she initiated lockdown as soon as I found out about the Crytex. But this is worse.’
‘Get over the dramatics, Foaly,’ Artemis snapped.
‘Okay, you are not going to believe this, but...’ Foaly swallowed nothing. ‘The magnetic poles are switching.’
‘WHAT!’ called all the full fairies at the same time. The genii seemed surprised too, but they hid it better.
‘It’s not the first time,’ said Artemis. ‘They’ve swapped nine times in the past billion or so years.’
‘The needle will spin,’ Minerva muttered to herself. Then louder, ‘how fast are they switching?’
‘At a rate of about six degrees per hour. They’ve been swapping since midnight, when...’
‘When we opened the Crytex. So if they have to go 180 degrees until they swap completely, that gives us till when?’
‘Six am. We need to get into the rose line before then, otherwise we could potentially ruin the planet. We should go in at about eight pm. Then we roll the pill and run in, find whatever it is, then stop it.’ Now it was Artemis dishing out the orders. Holly wondered why all the genii decided that it was up to them to give out the orders.
‘Well, we have time to kill. Who wants chocolate?’ Minerva reached into the fridge. They instantly swarmed. Artemis smiled. It was almost like the Adoration of Maggie, but it was the Adoration of chocolate.

Artemis looked through the visor of the LEP helmet. There was no one nearby. He gave the thumbs up and activated the seals on his helmet to avoid being knocked out. He watched as the small pill travelled past where Minerva and he were shielding, rolled by Holly. Seconds later, there was not a conscious person within the Cathedral. Excellent.
The band of heroes ran forward quickly. There were lots of people wandering around outside the cathedral, and the pill only lasted for two hours. So speed was of the essence.
Holly bent down as they approached the end of the rose line. She and Trouble both pulled out handguns and melted the mortar holding the tiles together. In no time at all, Minerva’s hand was down the hole up to her elbow. No one knew why it was almost an unspoken rule that if there was reaching to be done, Minerva did it. Maybe it was because she had longer arms than everyone except Artemis. Maybe because she was stronger. Maybe because she was more delicate. Finally, he fingers closed around something.
‘I think I have something,’ she commented. She was unshielded, as was everyone, because everyone else in the building was unconscious.
‘Careful not to move it too much. Don’t let it twist or anything like that,’ Holly instructed. Minerva nodded, bringing the item up.
To Artemis, Mulch and Minerva, it looked like nothing. A small, trivial compass. But to Holly and Trouble, who were both trained in all forms of explosives, this was disastrous.
‘Oh my god,’ breathed Holly. ‘Is that an anti material bomb?’

Da Da DAAAAA I'll update again ASAP!
Minerva seperated the fingers on her right hand into a W
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

"What's that suposed to mean. A wolfs head on a stick Big wolf barbeque tonight. Bring your own wolf."
No 1. The Lost Colony

"Was Holly still clinging there, or was he alone now? for the first time in his life, truly alone. 'Fowl, open the door you pasty faced mud weasel!' Ah well, not alone then"
Artemis, The Artic Incident

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Mon 16th Apr 2007

OMG!!! Update please! It's an anti-material bomb!!! Er...what is that? :lol:

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Wed 18th Apr 2007

Sorry this wasn’t up earlier, I’m painting my room so I have little time to write. Here’s the next bit. Enjoy!

Everyone’s eyes widened in shock. Of course, in most cases, it was a case of it actually being a bomb that was the problem. They didn’t know what it really was.
Holly quickly examined it, then gave those who didn’t know about it a brief explanation. ‘Fairies used to research all forms of weaponry,’ she explained as everyone stared in fear at what had appeared to be a compass. ‘This was the most lethal. Only one was ever invented. That was given to a trainee in the LEP.’
‘Da Vinci must have stolen it when he had a run in with the fairies!’ Mulch exclaimed.
‘Exactly. So the idea of the Anti material bomb was that anti matter can e made in a contained environment, but it cannot be mixed with natural and open partials. The one made was anti energy.’ Minerva and Artemis suddenly understood.
‘You mean that this works on the principle that energy cannot be destroyed?’ Artemis asked, looking at the “compass” intently.
Minerva answered for him. ‘There is no true way to destroy energy, yes. But if it was mixed with anti energy, then that would cancel it out. One plus minus one is naught. But if energy was destroyed, then it would tear the earth’s fabric. We would be breaking one of the unbreakable rules. The earth wouldn’t stand it. Oh god...’ Minerva trailed off. It seemed that she had already known what would happen, but when she really thought of it that the statement hit home.
‘The earth would implode,’ finished Artemis for her.
‘So Da Vinci adapted this?’ asked Trouble.
‘Undoubtedly. He made the huge magnetic force to cause the switching of the poles with stolen technology no doubt. When the compass swings to the south, but it will be north then, I suspect that it will cause the release of the anti energy, no doubt through some kind of needle on the needle.’
Everyone looked at Minerva. She had fiddled around with fairy technology while in Haven, and her knowledge was vast. Holly would have almost preferred to have doubted her. It would have meant there was some hope.
The an old prophecy hit her. Hope. About two magical beings that were not truly magical, so they had to prove it through saving the earth. Well, Minerva could have been one of them, but two? Not likely. Trouble had seen the spark in Holly’s eye. ‘What is it?’ he asked in Gnomish.
‘Nothing. Just... Do you remember the Hope prophecy?’
‘No. I never like history. Why?’
‘Well, two magical yet not quite magical beings who would use concentrated power to prove themselves and save the world. Well, Minerva, but...’ Minerva had caught on. Holly had taught her Gnomish. Artemis had been listening in too. Minerva looked over at him. They shared a quick look. Then Artemis himself told them.
‘I have permanent magic now. Minerva and I are both magical beings, yet not quite. I think that we may still be able to save the world.’

Mulch was sitting on a pew watching the proceedings. Holly was positioning the bomb with Trouble’s help. Minerva was giving Artemis a crash course on magic. She was at that moment siphoning a few sparks of to get it flowing. Artemis looked like he was about to burst with pain.
Mulch sighed. There wasn’t much left for him to do. Just sit around and eat popcorn while the fate of the earth was in the hands of a novice and her apprentice.
Mulch smiled. Why was this so familiar?

Minerva had enough magic running through her veins to turn anyone into a small pile of ash, but still she had trouble calling on it. She couldn’t believe how hard it was to get Artemis’ magic running. Her own magic was already running free, giving her an unnatural bluish glow. Artemis himself was almost in the same state. Now the whole world rested on their shoulders. Two genii. What could possibly go wrong?
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

"What's that suposed to mean. A wolfs head on a stick Big wolf barbeque tonight. Bring your own wolf."
No 1. The Lost Colony

"Was Holly still clinging there, or was he alone now? for the first time in his life, truly alone. 'Fowl, open the door you pasty faced mud weasel!' Ah well, not alone then"

no. 1
Dwarf Thief

Post by no. 1 » Thu 19th Apr 2007

Indeed. What could possibly go wrong :roll:

This is good. Updates!
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

TheBeastisWatchin
Dwarf Miner

Post by TheBeastisWatchin » Thu 19th Apr 2007

My god thesse are awsome u have to update
plz thesse are probally one of the beast fan-fiction mini books ever
With a roar, Butler charged the entrence, concentrating all of his considerable might in the triangular point of his shoulder. It was a blow that would have felled a medium sized hippoptamus. And while this door was tested plasma dispersion and moderate phisical resistance, it was ceraintaly not Butler-proof. The metal crumpled like tinfoil
GO BUTLER!!

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Fri 20th Apr 2007

TA DA! The last part. I think there may be a sequel next holidays, but that is ten weeks away. So here you are, the stunning finale to Da Vinci's secret. PS, III Prodigy, this is a BIG A/M bit.

Holly stood by the bomb, looking over at the genii. This was an incredible risk. If they were wrong, the world could be ripped apart. But, then again, it would be ripped apart anyway if they didn’t even try.
Both were coated in blue energy. Technically, in Minerva’s, only a huge mass of magic would be blue. Usually it would be invisible to human eyes. But she had called on every drop of magic in her for this. It looked like Artemis had done so too, but his magic was less.
This whole thing rested on the fact that, even though energy could not be destroyed (even magic), Minerva and Artemis’ magic was not real magic. It could cure illness admittedly, but the book said that true magic was energy, and neither of the two’s magic was really true. Artemis’ was a result of stealing (against fairy law), and Minerva’s was a result of an illegitimate relationship (also against the book). So the anti energy would combine with the tainted magic and as Minerva had said, one plus negative one was naught. But the magic destroyed would not be real energy, so they would not be ripping apart the earth’s principles, and in turn, the earth.
She looked again. Minerva nodded, just once. Holly checked her watch. Sixty seconds. She twisted the compass so that it was only six degrees from exploding. Minerva and Artemis ran over, and everyone else ran away. ‘Ready?’ asked Minerva, grabbing onto both of Artemis’ hands.
‘As ready as I’ll ever be.’ Ten, nine, eight. The genii called the magic into a blue sphere, surrounding the bomb. Seven, six, five. The needle began to spin. Six degrees per hour. On the hour. Four, three, two, one.
The compass exploded, it released anti energy particles that fed on the sound, heat and light of the explosion. But there were still plenty of particles inside the sphere. And within a second, it began to feed on the wall of the sphere.

The sphere contained the energy dissipation that would originally have been enough to destroy the world. But in this case, the sphere was stopping the end. It was now feeding on the false energy. Minerva could feel the strain on her. It was taking all her magic to do this, and now the magic was not just being used, it was being devoured. She wondered how many anti particles there were in the bomb. Obliviously hundreds of thousands, but it would have been comforting to know how long she had to stand through the strain. She took comfort in the fact that she didn’t have to go through the pain Artemis was enduring. She could see it in his eyes. He had only used his own magic once or twice, and now he was expected to use all of it to save the world. They looked into each other’s eyes, finding comfort in their irises. Minerva resolved that if she got out of this alive, she would have to squeeze a reason out of him for what he’d done. Then, maybe, they could be together.
Five long minutes later, the strain began to ebb. But it was not over for another ten. By then both genii were bone tired. The sphere’s outer wall he been reduced to a layer thinner than tin foil. But it had held. They had done it. The energy hadn’t been real enough to tug at the seams of the earth. Finally the struggle ended.
Minerva called what little magic she had left back into her system. Artemis tried to do the same, but there was none left for him. Minerva grinned weakly. ‘We did it,’ she said simply, then crumpled to the floor in a heap. Artemis quickly followed suit.

Holly ran forward as soon as her sister collapsed. She had seen the pain and struggle as she had retained the sphere. Holly had wanted so badly to help her, but that would have made the plan pointless, because her magic was pure. As soon as she reached Minerva and Artemis, she could see that they were still alive, but utterly exhausted. After giving each a quick shot of sparks, she walked off and sealed the hole in the ground they had caused, scattering the pieces of the bomb into it. Trouble walked over and put his arm around her. ‘They did it. They saved the world. You should be proud.’ Holly smiled up at him and kissed him. Mulch had long ago run back to the hotel. It was all magic there.

Two weeks later and everything had returned to normal. Minerva was floating around the lake one of her cottages over looked. The craft she was in a one she was especially proud of designing. It was round, and had high sides. It accommodated a large double bed and there was little she enjoyed more than floating around and thinking in the sun. When she had rowed out in the morning, she had been dressed in short shorts and leggings, but she had removed the leggings because of the heat, laying them underneath her. She had done the same with the stylish jacket, dumping it underneath her for the cool of her white singlet top.
She was lying on her back rather like a starfish, but with the leggings and jacket arms straight. She had heard the kayak as it approached, but had not been bothered unduly. There were always others on the lake. She returned to her thoughts.

Artemis, who was standing in the kayak, looked down at Minerva and tried not to laugh. With the leggings and jacket arms accompanying her, she looked like the Vitruvian Man, except she was not a man, and was wearing slightly more clothing. But she really was adorable. He lightly stepped from the kayak into her boat. She cracked one eye open.
‘Are you here to abduct me? Are you a member of an abduction club?’ She seemed in a good mood.
‘No, but does that mean I have to convince you to marry me by sunrise?’ They both smiled. Artemis sat down on the end of the bed. Minerva sat up, resting her back against countless large pillows. ‘Why are you here, Artemis? How did you know that I was here?’
Artemis smiled, but not evilly. ‘I asked a few locals and they all said that if the round boat was out here, so were you. I want to start over, Minerva. I want to pick up where we left over. And to do that, I figured I had to apologise for what happened and tell you the whole thing.’
Attention flashed in Minerva’s eyes. If Artemis had to tell her another side of what had happened, maybe there was more than what she had seen. ‘Who was she, Artemis?’
Artemis sighed. ‘Her name was Nicola Lewis. She was an absolute temptress. Her father is an American oil tycoon. My father was clinching a deal with her father, and she followed me up to my study. She had hoped to seduce me and get a lot of money. I was sitting down and she tried to kiss me. She held me down when I refused. She thought that actually kissing her would make me change my mind. I tried to resist, but she was strong. And then...’
Minerva knew what had happened next. ‘I walked in.’
‘Minerva, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean for it to happen. I thought I could explain, but now I see that I was really in the wrong. I just wish...’ Minerva was gazing at the sky. She had lost interest. Then an idea struck him like a thunderbolt.
‘Je suis très très désolé.’ Minerva looked sharpley at him. These were the words she had said to him before she had gone into the resaerch booth. She smiled and leaned in. Artemis leaned in too, and said the word he had said to her in her sleep.
‘Minou.’ Then they kissed. It was odd, that even though they had slept together, this was the first time they could remember kissing. It showed over six years of waiting on Minerva’s account. It showed pain and sorrow that she had felt. And for Artemis it showed regret and suffering. After a minute they broke apart. Minerva smiled, and Artemis could see a tear forming in the corner of her eye. He wiped it away with his finger, and left his hand on her cheek. She smiled again, then took his hand in hers and put in on her flat stomach. She was in excellent shape, with a stomach like a spirit leveler. But why this? Artemis looked at her and realised.
‘Artemis, I’m pregnant.’
‘Well then, Minerva Paradizo. Will you marry me?’
THE END!
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

No 1. The Lost Colony

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Fri 20th Apr 2007

OH. MY. GOD. You got me. I hadn't seen that coming...OMG!!!??? This is more surprising than the sleeping thing...OMG!!!???

How old are they though? 18? 20? Quite young to be pregnant...dunno. *shrugs*

Anyways, when I saw the French phrase, I recognized the word désolé straight away...coz it was in the title of one of my Minerva oneshot fan fics lol. I think you've read it mp.

And great ending. Very short fan fic though, I must say.

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Fri 20th Apr 2007

Well, it was actually about twenty A4 pages. Yes, they r eighteen, but there r heaps of teen marriages and pregnacies these days. In Ausiie at least. Maybe not where u r.
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

No 1. The Lost Colony

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Fri 20th Apr 2007

Yeah...I guess. I know about the pregnancies and all...just...Artemis! :shock:

Lol...

TheBeastisWatchin
Dwarf Miner

Post by TheBeastisWatchin » Fri 20th Apr 2007

no offence but hat was kindof a wierd ending, i mean her ending up being pregnate? thats just wierd..... :?
With a roar, Butler charged the entrence, concentrating all of his considerable might in the triangular point of his shoulder. It was a blow that would have felled a medium sized hippoptamus. And while this door was tested plasma dispersion and moderate phisical resistance, it was ceraintaly not Butler-proof. The metal crumpled like tinfoil
GO BUTLER!!

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Sat 21st Apr 2007

It is another of my 'open to sequel' endings. And there was always a possibility that she was pregnant. I just never mentioned it. But she did sleep with him, remember?
Well, maybe next holidays I will give you the next part, in which both Hollyand Trouble and Artemis and Minerva are engaged, Minerva is pregnant and something unusual happens when it really shouldn't have. There's a hint!
BTW III Prodigy, the answer to Artemis being the father is in one word, Puberty.
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

No 1. The Lost Colony

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Sat 21st Apr 2007

TheBeastisWatchin:
Perhaps if you read the whole fan fic, you would find out that they had slept together?

mp:
Puberty *smacks head* why didn't I think of it? Do a sequel! Please?

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Sat 21st Apr 2007

Next holidays. I go back to school tomorrow
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

No 1. The Lost Colony

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Sat 21st Apr 2007

Ah...no wonder you wrote so much! I was all 'how does she find the time to write that much???' Figures.

I don't have enough time to write too much of my fan fic. Normally, people with SUPER LONG fics are like older (as far as I've noticed). Is it coz they can do their own schedule? Most of my time is spent at school.