Songfic - Artemis Loses Control Of His Emotions

See the Writing Forum Rules thread for info on rating
Artemis_Fowl_Lover93
Troll

Post by Artemis_Fowl_Lover93 » Sun 12th Nov 2006

?This is my first songfic and it would be appreciated if I could get some constructive comments. The song is ?I?m not okay? by My Chemical Romance followed by ?These days? by Powder Finger. You will need to put them in a play list with I?m not okay first because the songfic is too long. PS: there is 1 swear word in the song ?I?m not okay? so don?t say I didn?t warn you! This songfic gets quite emotional by the end (get out a box of tissues) and so anyone who doesn?t like the Artemis/Juliet or Holly/Trouble ideas don?t read? Listen to the songs and you will understand it better. Please comment!!!?

(Start song I?m not okay)
Artemis had given Juliet one of his old laptops for her birthday and Juliet was delighted. She had completely changed it. She had stickers and poster stuck all over it with sticky tape but that didn?t bother him too much. Artemis sat as his desk and frowned. Juliet was doing something with the hard drive of the laptop and he didn?t like it at all. There was music blasting out of it. Punk music. He shook his head and sighed.
?This is disgraceful Juliet. Turn it off,? He said slapping the palms of his hands against the table. Juliet ignored him and took out her plait. She started to dance around the room waving her hands in the air. Artemis couldn?t help watching. Puberty had taken its toll on him and the way Juliet looked was impossible to avoid. He smiled at her with a smug grin his eyes not leaving her body. Her black top swayed. She had got it at a wrestling match a few years ago. It had printed across it in green, Jade Princess. Of course, this was her wrestling name at the time.
?Well if you wanted honesty that?s all you had to say?? She chanted. Artemis just looked at her and sighed. He leaned over and tried to turn it off but he only succeeded in falling of his desk chair. Juliet laughed at him.
?You need to relax every once in a while. Ever since you came back from Hybras you have been so uptight,? She said continuing to dance. Artemis got up and brushed off his jeans. He sat down in his seat and continued to type on another. The music buzzed around his head.
?Who would write such annoying and disgraceful music?? Artemis asked raising his brow.
?My Chemical Romance,? Juliet said swaying her hips, ?Come on Arty. Dance with me.? Artemis groaned as Juliet flung him from his seat. He tried to frown at her calling him ?Arty? but somehow she could make him feel the same way as his mother when she said it. She danced around and Artemis just stood there. He shook his head and moved back towards his seat.
?Well your no fun,? She teased. Artemis turned the seat and began to type. His mind was struggling to focus. He soon found himself beginning to chant.
?You wear me out,? he muttered. Juliet smiled and grabbed Artemis? shoulder. She spun him around to face her then she kneeled and looked at Artemis in the eyes.
?It?s okay to admit you like punk music. Everyone knows you are not a normal teenager. Just because you act more mature than you are doesn?t mean you can?t like it,? Juliet attempted to convince him. Artemis frowned.
?The only reason why I am singing is because this is the 7th time you have played that song this morning,? Artemis said trying to cover it up. Somehow the magic inside of him was changing him. He was becoming an average teenager. Artemis tried to pull away but Juliet?s grip was too tight. He looked into her eyes and sighed. She was simply irresistible when she was trying to be tough.
?You know that this non-sense is what is keeping you from being a bodyguard,? Artemis said. Juliet raised her sleeve to reveal a blue diamond tattoo. She smirked because she had outsmarted a 14-year-old genius that was born 17 years ago.
?Come on Arty. You have to know how to relax and break free. You don?t want to be the ordinary boy that everyone doesn?t know,? Juliet said. Artemis laughed at her.
?How could I ever be that ordinary boy? Despite the fact I was a billionaire and a criminal master mind at the age of 12, I have 2 different coloured eyes and swapped fingers,? He laughed. Juliet shrugged.
?Come on Arty. Admit it. You like punk music,? Juliet teased further.
?One, don?t call me Arty. that?s what mother calls me. Two, I only sung to it because you have played it that many times I am going to sing it in my sleep. Oh and three, I miss my suits,? Artemis said pulling away from her. Her eyes were enchanting, as he pulled further away. Juliet dug her nails into his shoulders. Artemis finally got away with scratches on his arms. Slowly blue sparks started to heal them but he covered it up so she couldn?t see. He continued typing then he opened a new document. He typed carefully trying to work out some further questions for him to research. The whole Hybras incident was still haunting his mind. Holly had died in front of his eyes and he still had to call Minerva, which he was planing to do as soon as he returned from Hybras 2 months and 1 week ago. Some of the words Holly said were still polluting his mind, we never get to hang out or we?re always caught up in a crisis. Maybe it was time to contact her. Minerva was the reason he went to Hybras and Holly was the reason they could return from Hybras. He typed for a few moments before Juliet was once ago hanging over his shoulder.
?Dear Holly, I have been thinking about what you said after we came back from Hybras. Maybe you might want to do something other then stopping yet another crisis one time?? she read aloud, ?You like her don?t you?? Artemis saved the document then closed the laptop over.
?No. And when did you learn fluent gnommish?? Artemis asked. He thought for a moment and remembered how easily he learned the letters. Juliet shrugged.
?You did leave your computer codes in the room where the twins are now. Once I knew your password, it was easy to get into your files,? She said smugly.
?I must remember to keep those in my safe next time,? Artemis quickly added. He spun the seat back around and began to sing softly again, ?I mean this, I?m okay! Trust me, I?m not okay. I?m not okay, well I?m not?? Juliet lifted up the laptop screen again and entered his files. She loaded a disk and pushed it into the hard drive. Artemis turned and frowned at her.
?What are you loading up now?? he said closing the laptop gently on her fingers. Juliet pushed back up the screen and an icon loaded slowly.
?Come on Arty. I have a song you might like a little better,? Juliet tormented him. He let go leaning back in his seat. He sighed gently and rested his head back on the seat. He couldn?t help but admire Juliet. She was a chip off the old Butler block. She wasn?t the average girl. She clicked on the icon. It flashed for a few moments before opening a fowl media player. A new song played that was a little calmer. Juliet pulled Artemis out of his seat and it tipped back behind him.
?Dance with me please? I haven?t had real fun in ages!? She said looking at him. Artemis had grown a lot taller in the last two months and he was almost taller than Juliet. Almost. The three years of being in Hybras were catching up to him. He gave up and held her close swaying from side to side. He looked into Juliet?s glimmering eyes and swayed gently. His hands were on her hips as she held her arms around his back.
?It?s coming ?round again. Slowly creeping hand, time in its command?? She sang softly in his ear. She laid her head on his shoulder and continued to dance softly in the breeze entering through the window. A dark shadowy figure stood at the doorway and watched them as they slowly turned in a circle until Artemis met with the figure.
?Having fun I see,? the figure chuckled. Juliet quickly raised her head from Artemis? shoulder and let go of him. Artemis let go and staggered backwards almost falling over the fallen chair.
?Butler!? They said simultaneously.
?I was just?? Artemis stuttered. This was an awkward situation to be in. He was dancing with his bodyguard?s sister yet alone his younger siblings bodyguard. Butler could kill someone over 1000 ways without weapons. Juliet came in at about 998. You never wanted to come between them. You were going to die. It was automatic suicide. 2 other laughs came from a helmet that Artemis had taken from the ship when he left after returning from Hybras. Artemis walked over to the helmet and spoke into the microphone.
?Yes okay you can stop laughing now Foaly. Rub it in all you like. I can easily send an insult back,? Artemis said before he picked it up and carried it over to his desk.
?It's coming round again, the slowly creeping hand,? The two voices sang together.
?I now have a video of Artemis Fowl the second dancing. I can see the whole of Haven knowing by about 2 this afternoon,? Foaly laughed. Artemis connected the helmet to his laptop and Foaly?s picture flashed on screen. A shadow was behind him. It?s big hazel eyes peeking through the helmet.
?Hello Holly,? Juliet quickly said. Holly laughed as she came to stand next to Foaly.
?Hey Juliet! How?s it been? You actually got Artemis to dance yet alone wear something other then a suit. I have to admit, I started to sing along with the song by the 6th,? Holly laughed. Artemis? face started to go red.
?Yeah. I never knew he could dance. Oh well. He is getting tall too,? Juliet said into the computer.
?Could you two stop gossiping? Holly and I were just checking up on you guys. Hybras did change quite a bit,? Foaly said, brushing back his hair from his eyes.
?I am over here you know,? Artemis called from over the other side of the room as he searched through some boxes.
?What are you looking for now?? Holly and Juliet asked simultaneously. There was only a few years difference between them now. Artemis pulled a small gadget out of the box and it quickly glowed a deep red before it flashed a dark shade of purple.
?Nice disco lights. So what does it do?? Foaly laughed.
?And your computer does much better? This sphere is the key to all of my theories. A communicator that follows its occupant where ever they go. You are connected through a ring but otherwise you can?t feel it at all. Its body can be covered by cam foil and it is un-traceable,? Artemis explained.
?Like the little Irish man that sits on your shoulder and tells you to blow up things,? Foaly said imitating an Irish accent. Butler laughed from the doorway.
?Butler! How is the heart?? Holly asked inquisitively. Her hazel eyes gleamed through the darkened picture.
?Alright I guess. I feel like a 60 year old man,? Butler said glumly.
?That?s the spirit!? Holly said sarcastically, ?Do you want us to come over for a little visit so we can save the planet for a little longer from those deadly harmful green house gases?? Holly?s hair was a mess. There was dirt and even a little bit of slime through there. It still was auburn even with green and brow streaks through it.
?You might want to clean up a little bit first,? A voice said from the corridor. It was another elf. Holly turned and ran to the elf hugging it tightly.
?You remember me don?t you Artemis?? The elf said with Holly hugging it tightly.
?Major Trouble Kelp. How could I forget?? Artemis said rolling his eyes.
?Commander Trouble Kelp. Sool was taken out of the job after his latest comments on the human race. The gnome should never been a part of the council,? Trouble smirked.
?I should have known. Does that make Holly second in command?? Butler asked as he entered the picture. Trouble smiled as Holly finally let go of him. Holly?s grin was even wider then Trouble?s.
?Trouble and I?? she started then paused. She looked at Trouble and then back at the screen, ?are getting married?? she completed. She jumped around for joy as Trouble held onto her so she didn?t fly through the roof.
?Congratulations Holly,? Juliet and Butler quickly said. Their grins widened on their faces to hear some good news. Artemis was shocked but quickly answered.
?Congratulations,? he said trying to act normal. No one noticed, as they were all delighted to hear the good news.
?And now to bad news?? Foaly said quickly destroying the moment. He typed and a folder appeared on Artemis? screen. Artemis quickly opened it. There was a picture on the screen. Blood everywhere and a familiar limp body was sitting in the car.
?Minerva?? Butler whispered.
?What happened?? Juliet quickly asked. She had never met Minerva. Or even talked to her.
?Car crash. She is alive but she is in a serious condition. We need you to convince her father to send her to another facility. Sacred Hearts in east Dublin. We can sneak into their facility and use the warlocks to help her. Otherwise she might die,? Trouble said glumly. He wiped a tear from Holly?s eye.
?Then Artemis will be the only child prodigy left. His race will be going extinct,? Foaly tried to joke but it was no use.
?This life, well its slipping right through my hands, These days turned out nothing like I had planned. Control, well its slipping right through my hands,? Artemis began to sing to himself in his little corner as he continued to search through boxes, ?I think I might just go get some water,? he said as he quickly rushed out of the room. He entered the room and splashed water on his face. He ran down stairs collecting the keys to the Bentley. He got in the car and started it. He slowly started the car avoiding as much noise as possible. He needed some fresh air and quickly. The car sped down the high way as he felt the cold air on his face. The song continued to play through his mind. What if Minerva died? Would he be alone? Would he be the only genius in the world? He thought as the wind brushed back his hair. He rested his head on the seat and breathed in a few deep breaths. He opened a hatch and it revealed a knife. It was security. He grabbed the knife in his mouth and pulled up the hooded jackets sleeve. He grabbed the knife in his left hand. The blade scratched into his skin revealing a hot trail of blood. He wanted to get rid off the magic and the pain, now. His eyes watered and the magic healed it over. He cut again, and again. Soon his magic disappeared and the only thing left was a scar, covered in blood. Artemis reached for the far side pocket where he got out a bandage and wrapped his arm.
?What did you do, Artemis?? Holly said through a communicator.
?This is all going to end,? Artemis said as he rested his head against the seat and closed his eyes?

Okay. Please, please, PLEASE comment. I want to know whether this should become a series. If possible, constructive comments are needed. Even though I rather the Holly/Artemis relationship it is rumoured that Eoin himself said Holly and Trouble are getting together. This is based 2 months and 1 week after the return from Hybras (5th Book)

Remember, COMMENT!!!
<div align=center><span style='color:hotpink'>I love Artemis Fowl and he is mine... *hiss*<br>Hidden Naruto fan...<br><br>MY COUSIN LOOKS KINDA LIKE WHAT ARTEMIS FOWL WOULD LOOK LIKE WHEN HE IS 18 OR 19!!!! AHHH!!!!<br><br>"Holly let me look at you". Holly did not look up from her wrist computer. "No time right now, Artemis." Artemis padded across to her, walking gingerly on thin crust. "Holly, let me look at you," he said, holding her soulders. Something in Artemis's voice made Holly stop what she was doing and pay attention. this was not a tone Artemis used often. It could almost classify as tenderness" - Holly and Artemis - Book 5<br><br>I'm not insane, I just have mental problems...</span> </div>

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Wed 29th Nov 2006

wow you really Are good at this!

Athena
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Athena » Sat 23rd Dec 2006

Long cool but Long
Sherlock Holmes is mine MINE! The computer or sewing machine or anybody who tries to take him will pay. Nah! Don't even think about it. I'm watching you, I'm watching you *beady eyes*

"Eddie Burger's Bum, Yum yum yum!"

~Lillie Gmail conversation last monday.

(I LOVE YOU LILLIEDOODLES!)

Yes I have peach children, you got a problem with that huh? They are about 2 weeks old now and they came from the grocery store, I even ate the peach part myself! They have names also, Lillie, Jayd, and Greggie now bug off! They are my babies and I love them all (but Greggie gets watered first ;) )

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

Post by petitebrunette » Sat 23rd Dec 2006

im enjoying all this reading
hope you do continue it :)

"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Sat 6th Jan 2007

I don't get it. Has Artemis gone emo? Why was he cutting?
Minerva seperated the fingers on her right hand into a W
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

"What's that suposed to mean. A wolfs head on a stick Big wolf barbeque tonight. Bring your own wolf."
No 1. The Lost Colony

"Was Holly still clinging there, or was he alone now? for the first time in his life, truly alone. 'Fowl, open the door you pasty faced mud weasel!' Ah well, not alone then"
Artemis, The Artic Incident

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

Post by petitebrunette » Sat 6th Jan 2007

wt are you talking about "cutting"?

"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Mon 8th Jan 2007

Well, he got a knife and started cutting himself...
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

"What's that suposed to mean. A wolfs head on a stick Big wolf barbeque tonight. Bring your own wolf."
No 1. The Lost Colony

"Was Holly still clinging there, or was he alone now? for the first time in his life, truly alone. 'Fowl, open the door you pasty faced mud weasel!' Ah well, not alone then"

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

Post by petitebrunette » Tue 9th Jan 2007

quote it because i cant find it..oh wait i just saw it..umm i feel like i read it but yet i feel like its the first time...

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Tue 9th Jan 2007

Artemis_Fowl_Lover93 wrote:
The car sped down the high way as he felt the cold air on his face. The song continued to play through his mind. What if Minerva died? Would he be alone? Would he be the only genius in the world? He thought as the wind brushed back his hair. He rested his head on the seat and breathed in a few deep breaths. He opened a hatch and it revealed a knife. It was security. He grabbed the knife in his mouth and pulled up the hooded jackets sleeve. He grabbed the knife in his left hand. The blade scratched into his skin revealing a hot trail of blood. He wanted to get rid off the magic and the pain, now. His eyes watered and the magic healed it over. He cut again, and again. Soon his magic disappeared and the only thing left was a scar, covered in blood. Artemis reached for the far side pocket where he got out a bandage and wrapped his arm.
?What did you do, Artemis?? Holly said through a communicator.
?This is all going to end,? Artemis said as he rested his head against the seat and closed his eyes?

There. He's gone emo. A bit OOC.
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

No 1. The Lost Colony

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

Post by petitebrunette » Tue 9th Jan 2007

i dont know if i would call it emo but ya its out of character..but well this is a fanfic

Iridescent
Troll

Post by Iridescent » Fri 2nd Feb 2007

:) That isn't Artemis' personality, the jeans and all but nice work, you write well.
I'm writing two books at the present, one modern book and a fantasy book.
I was never good at fanfic, I like to make my own characters, so hopefully my books will be published in a few years or less.
I think they are pretty good :)
Well, keep up the good work, your writing is contagious, I couldn't stop reading once I started :)
Even if I wanted to I HAD to know what was going to happen next :)
If at first you don't succeed, TRY to hide your astonishment

inkweaver
Dwarf Thief

Post by inkweaver » Fri 2nd Feb 2007

yah it's too emo. but i like the fact that minerva is lying on the floor half-dead.

wtf is holly with trouble! *cries hysterically*

ok ok i know. it's just a fanfic. a very good one in fact. i just can't see arty emo.
You're warned...
*cackles*

I EAT A/M SHIPPERS FOR BREAKFAST! MUAH HA HA!
AND LUNCH.
AND TEATIME.
AND SUPPER, DINNER, MIDNIGHT SNACK, ET CETERA.

they taste distgusting because of the false shipping that poisons their blood.

but it must be done.

And, no, I don't want another penguin! gosh...

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Sat 3rd Feb 2007

is ur life going ok, artemis_fowl_lover? :(
ATTENTION! for all Netherworlds readers, I am still updating on DA!
https://iesnoth.deviantart.com/gallery/

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Sat 3rd Feb 2007

i really like it. and plus i just came here to yell at you and say "NOT ALL EMO'S CUT!!!!!!" OK IM DONE AND MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS STUCK AND IF ARTY WHENT EMO THAT WOULD BE JUST HOT!!!!!!!!! OK ILL GO NOW

inkweaver
Dwarf Thief

Post by inkweaver » Sat 3rd Feb 2007

um....an emo that doesn't cut is a goth. right?

lol, i'm homeschooled, and i guess you could call me punk and sometimes just the norm. since i'm homeschooled i never had the *cough-lovely-opprotunity-cough* to see the difference between emos and goths. help....
You're warned...
*cackles*

I EAT A/M SHIPPERS FOR BREAKFAST! MUAH HA HA!
AND LUNCH.
AND TEATIME.
AND SUPPER, DINNER, MIDNIGHT SNACK, ET CETERA.

they taste distgusting because of the false shipping that poisons their blood.

but it must be done.

And, no, I don't want another penguin! gosh...