#37 - Going for Gold

An Artemis Fowl game, open for anyone to join in. Read the stickied thread for details.
carino
Council Member

#37 - Going for Gold

Post by carino » Mon 22nd Feb 2010

As some of you may be aware, the Winter Olympics are currently in full swing. So our new challenge is this: tell us about The People's Olympics!
You can do this however you choose - write up a list of events, tell about the backstory, write from the POV of someone competing. I want to see something creative, so get thinking!
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

Ally Kat
LEPrecon Officer

Re: #37 - Going for Gold

Post by Ally Kat » Mon 22nd Feb 2010

I think HS9 will like this one... It will be short though.

Victory!

It was by far one of the best feeling in the world, competing. Trying to go for the gold, outshine your opponents, and the sweet rhythm during was just extraordinary.

Mary and her partner, John, waited silently to see if their names would be called for the event, showing they had gotten gold. The announcer seemed to be taking his sweet time, talking about sportsmanship and how it was so wonderful seeing that days contestants giving it their all. Mary could swear she saw the Atlantis South team nodding off.

You see, since the People's overall population and city sizes are so small, they did it by where you were from and what part of the city. Mary was from the Haven West. There were at least a dozen teams in this part of the Olympics alone, but some of them it was obvious they wouldn't even get bronze.

There were, however, a few teams that were so evenly matched no one knew who would get it. Well, not a few, three.

Atlantis South, Atlantis North, and, of course, Haven West.

"...And now, the winners of the gold, silver, and bronze medals!" The announcer finally said. The crowd roared, and, if you listened closely, you could swear a few were telling him to get on with ti already and that they'd paid good money to see the sport and who won, not him.

The announcer tugged at the collar of his shirt nervously before fumbling with the envelopes. He went on with bronze, which went to Atlantis North, then silver, which oddly went to Haven East (whom everyone seemed to have been surprised they were even in with their skills), and finally to gold.

Mary clasped John's hand tightly, her eyes staying firmly on the gold medallion swinging like a pendulum in the announcer's hands. It was between them and Atlantis South.

"And the winners of the gold medal are..." Get on with it, get on with it! "HAVEN WEST!"

The crowds roared, cheers and boos alike getting mixed in with the commotion. Mary was the first to get up to the stage with John trailed inches behind. They both just about burst into tears as they were given that medal.

The announcer went back to the microphone. "And that concludes the Olympics Traditional Dance division."

In my mind, 'traditional dance' to the People is 'Celtic dance' for us.

I’m not calling for a second chance,
I’m screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason, but don’t give me choice,
Because I’ll just make the same mistake again.

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Mon 22nd Feb 2010

*thumbs up* :awesome: Irish dance woohoo XD
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Sun 4th Apr 2010

By default, Ally Kat is the winner of this challenge! Congratulations. I enjoyed your entry. It's clever to make our Celtic dance their traditional dance!
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D