#36 - Where Did Artemis's Valentine's Day Go Wrong?

An Artemis Fowl game, open for anyone to join in. Read the stickied thread for details.
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

#36 - Where Did Artemis's Valentine's Day Go Wrong?

Post by HollyShort9 » Wed 10th Feb 2010

So here's the chocolate heart.
Artemis has decided to make a Valentine company... and it goes horribly wrong.
It's YOUR job to decide what company he made and why it went wrong.
His company can be named anything you want, and it can make whatever you want--teddybears, chocolate hearts, T-shirts, jewellry, dresses, whatever. You can write in a script format, or a one-shot.
Just make sure Artemis doesn't get caught under the hearts kissing someone... ;)
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Alanna
Lady Random

Re: #36 - Where Did Artemis's Valentine's Day Go Wrong?

Post by Alanna » Wed 10th Feb 2010

Never Employ Your Fans

The first day at the new factory, and already Artemis was irritated by his choice of employees. Sure, hiring his own fans may have been cost effective... if it was easy to ignore the shouts of ‘Hey Arty!’ every time something went wrong. Quite a few boxes of chocolate hearts never made it to the storage room, and even fewer to the delivery trucks. Butler was trying to locate the culprit to the missing chocolates, to no avail.

The second day Artemis walked into his office to find a bunch of Fan Girls waiting, sitting on every available surface in the room. After Butler cleared the room, Arty found that several personal items had gone missing. Sure enough, after a quick search quite a few of these items were found being auctioned on eBay. Around about lunchtime the missing chocolates showed up, being sprayed in a condensed blast at the Irish genius.

The third day Holly came knocking on the door of Artemis’ office, waving around a love letter. From the work floor below, a loud bombardment of hoots and fox whistles emerged. The group of Fan Girls grinned to each other, running upstairs to watch the drama. Artemis blushed, snatching the letter. “But... I never sent this...”
Holly raised an eyebrow, “But that is your handwriting. Do you really mean it?”
“Well.... yes.”

A loud shout came from the fans, cameras rolling to catch the romantic moment. Holly fired a few rounds into the crowd below. “You know what, you’re all fired!” Artemis called into the crowd.
“Come on Arty; let’s get away from these mad fans of yours. How about... somewhere more romantic?” Holly grinned.
Artemis blushed, “Anywhere’s better than with all these mad fans.”
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Wed 10th Feb 2010

^COOKIES TO YOU! :awesome:
Arty/Holly... ehehehehehe....
*waits impatiently for other people to post*
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Ally Kat
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Ally Kat » Thu 11th Feb 2010

:lol: This challenge is gonna be fuuuuunnn. One idea, yes? D'Arvit.

'Can we rewind to the bar of chocolate?' ~Mulch Diggums (you can guess where this is going)

It was simple. Possibly the most simple idea ever thought up. Start a chocolate company around Valentines day and reap in the rewards. See? Simple. Artemis thought so. But hey, this was Artemis Fowl the Second here. Of course everything went horribly, horribly wrong!

It was the day Mulch came by that his stock started disappearing, box after box never making it to the delivery trucks. By the third day the dwarf had came, Artemis was more than a little suspicious as he was reminded of something he had said during the demon fiasco. 'Can we rewind to the bar of chocolate' was such a simple phrase, but could say so much.

By the end of the week, Artemis loosing more than he was making, so he confronted his kleptomaniac friend.

"Mulch," The raven haired teen had began, eyeing the dwarf with a raised eyebrow. "Do you know what's happened to a few of the boxes of chocolate? They aren't even making it to the storage room."

The dwarf looked up at him with wide, innocent eyes and a grin that showed a good portion of his tombstone teeth. "Why, I haven't a clue, Arty boy." He said, and walked out of the building.

By V-Day, the company had shut down and Artemis had lost a few million. All because of a dwarfs weakness for chocolate.

I’m not calling for a second chance,
I’m screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason, but don’t give me choice,
Because I’ll just make the same mistake again.

faerimagic
Centaur Genius
Location: Drawing away the whole day...and missing dinner... *stomach growls*

Post by faerimagic » Sat 13th Feb 2010

((My first challenge...did it impromptu so it may not be good...))

Forget-me-not

He wanted to impress Holly.
Simple enough, yes?
But with what?
Now, that was the question.

He already decided to start a company. That was his forte. It would be a piece of cake, and along with the Holly Plan, he could gain a couple (million) dollars.

Chocolates, valentines, stuffies, what would be perfect? He spent many a night, thinking in his sleep. This was by far, may be one of the most difficult problems he had ever faced.

Flowers. That was perfect. Exotic, and yet natural. Romantic. Perfectly suiting Holly.

He started at once, and gathered all the employees he could find, which was, needless to say, a lot.

His plan: Give Holly a mountain of flowers. In words, that did not seem much, but in his mind, oh, it was a dream.

Oh, Artemis, it's so..Thank you! said Dream Holly.
You're welcome...my dear. said Dream Artemis.

Artemis grimaced. Maybe that was too much of a dream. Something more practical was needed. One bouquet. One perfect bouquet.
But of which flower?

Days passed, and he still couldn't find the right flower. Roses were too traditional. Marigolds meant "Sadness of Departure", so that was out.

Then, one day, as his workers were cultivating the massive array of flowers, his eyes spotted the forget-me-nots. In perfect condition. The perfect bouquet.

He immiediately put it in a glass vase inside a glass case/stand.
Then he stepped back to enjoy the beauty of it.

Then he heared a rumble.

The glass stand shattered as the earth below it revealed Mulch.

The flowers flew into the air and into Artemis's hand, perfecly ruined.

Then Holly's voice penetrated the air. "Come back Mulch! You're arrested for trespassing a Mud man's..." her glance fell on Artemis. "Oh, hi Artemis!"

"Well, see ya!" said Mulch, taking this as a break of opportunity for an escape.
"Wait, Mulch, come back here...d'Arvit!" Holly curled up her her fists in frustration.

"W-Wha--"stuttered Artemis, as he held those flowers as he continued to become shocked.

Holly then noticed him. "Hey, Artemis, what's that for?"

"Fo-for-you." he was still in his mind, thinking about his ultimate failure.

"Aw, that's so sweet of you." she took the flowers and hugged him. He was almost flying to heaven until she dropped the bomb on him.

"You're a good friend too, you know?" she said cheerfully.

Artemis groaned. He should've stuck with the roses.
ImageImageImageImageImage

In order of appearence is Dreads, Belle, Phalaka, Tamakiko, and Harmonia.
I was bored, so I wrote descriptions for all of them. Just scroll down each of their pages to see their random histories.
Team Holly.

Sig made by the awesome FowlStar. :D

Julissa Holly Fowl
LEP Commander

Post by Julissa Holly Fowl » Fri 19th Feb 2010

Okay... dunno if this challenge is still being run, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I know, this is a pitiful attempt. XD

'It Looked So Easy when SHE Did It!'

Artemis Fowl was not a happy camper.
His mother, Angeline, was hosting a party. Mainly for society ladies and their husbands. Typical for her.
Of course, it goes without saying that the only person there who was anywhere near his age wasn't someone he wanted to talk to.
Tara, a shy girl of maybe twelve, sat next to her mother, picking at her food. She seemed to be unaware of what was going on around her until her mother said her name.
"Oh, yes, Angeline, my little Tara is quite the entrepreneur! She loves making soap, of all things, and, in fact, she's started up a little business selling them. Her little friends and their mothers all love it!"
Tara's cheeks burned with embarrassment.
Angeline noticed this, and said to her, "Tara, dear, could you show me how to make soap? Maybe Arty would like to see you do it, as well!"
Tara said quietly, "If you want me to."
"Then it's settled," Angeline said cheerfully. "Would tomorrow work for you? I can have Butler come and pick you up."
Tara's mother confirmed the time quickly, pleased that her daughter was going to 'make friends' with Artemis.
Apparently, she wasn't that good of a judge of character.

The Next Day

Tara exited the Bentley before Butler could open the door for her. She reached for her bag, but Butler was quicker and carrid it to the house for her.
Angeline greeted Tara with an embrace and a cheerful, "Lovely to have you here, sweetie!"
"Hi," she almost whispered.
Drawing Tara close, Angeline said quietly, "Don't mind Arty's taciturnity, dear. He's really quite harmless."
Just as she said that, a scowling Artemis appeared at the top of the stairs. His mother beckoned to him, saying cheerfully, "Our guest is here! Come on down, son."
Angeline grabbed Tara's left hand and her son's right and led them to the kitchen. "All right, Tara dear, show us how it's done. Do you need anything?"
"A microwave, a cutting board, and a knife is all I didn't bring with me. Thank you very much."
Artemis wondered sarcastically if she could speak above a whisper.
Angeline quickly got out a cutting board and a knife, and showed Tara how to operate the microwave.
Tara cut up the soap base with the grace of a soapmaking master, and then melted it. Artemis was bored, and would have walked off if it hadn't been for his mother's dirty looks.
Right when Tara removed the soap from the microwave, Arty had an idea. If Tara could sell her soap, he could learn how to do it, and crowd her out of business.
Artemis paid very close attention to what Tara did as she stirred in the fragrance and colour (or colourant, as she called it) memorizing every motion. When she was done pouring it into the heart-shaped moulds, he smiled at her, with great effort.
"Tara, could you help me make my own batch?" Artemis nearly gagged on his own sweetness.
Tara nodded her head quickly, and showed Artemis how to cut up the soap base, ("Watch out for your-" "OUCH!" "-Fingers.") melt the base, ("Don't do that, it's taken me years to build up a tolerance for the heat of- are you okay?") add the scent and colourant, ("Oh dear- I hope that suit wasn't too expensive!") and pour it the moulds. (Arty, stand back, give her some room!" [That was Angeline.])
After Tara had packed up her stuff and left, Artemis muttered, "That was the worst idea I've ever had. I'm going to leave soapmaking to the experts from now on."
And so he did.
Last edited by Julissa Holly Fowl on Sat 20th Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.
AWARENESS+ACTION=IMPACT.

Réaltaí Rince na hÉireann
Irish Dance, always and forever!

http://realtairinceeireann.blogspot.com/

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sat 20th Feb 2010

^AHAHAHA, nice one! :lol:

This is gonna be hard to judge...

Whenever Car gets back on, we'll judge it.

carino
Council Member

Results are in!

Post by carino » Mon 22nd Feb 2010

Thanks to everyone for contributing! Here are the results, and we judges have even given you lovely commentary! My comments are in purple; HS9's in pink.

First Place: JulissaHollyFowl

It was humorous and original, so you get a cookie. :lol:
I really liked how you worked in something canon for this challenge!

Second Place: Ally Kat
I love Artemis' agony over what to do, and then the twist at the end! Well done. :D

Third Place: Faerimagic
I really liked how you worked in something canon for this challenge!
Once again, humorous, and yes, Artemis, you should have gone with the roses! :awesome:

Honorable Mention: Alanna-Lena Zelen
For Arty/Holly, and for the not really obvious.

Thanks again for participating, I will update the scoreboard, and look for the next challenge!

/Edit: This is HS9. Sorry for editin yer post, Car, but you accidentally put my commentary on Faerimagic as Ala's commentary, and vice verse, so I fixed it. XD
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D