#35: Trick or Treat!

An Artemis Fowl game, open for anyone to join in. Read the stickied thread for details.
carino
Council Member

#35: Trick or Treat!

Post by carino » Sun 8th Nov 2009

Ok, so it's a little bit after Halloween. But we're still on that typical sugar buzz, right?

Your challenge is to come up with the perfect costume for one character from the Artemis Fowl books. And be creative! Try to look a bit deeper into the characters: maybe they would dress up as someone they admire, maybe as a character who makes a statement, maybe something that is revealing about their psyche.
So put on your thinking caps, grab whatever candy you have left, and get to work.
But don't forget that tinfoil hat to make sure your brainwaves stay secret. ;)
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: #35: Trick or Treat!

Post by HollyShort9 » Sun 8th Nov 2009

Funny, isn't it, how everyone's pushing to get a new Challenge, and then when you and I finally say "Screw it, Star, we've waited for you to get your brain back from Hetalia for too long"... no one enters the challenge? >_<
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Miasaki-chan
Council Member

Post by Miasaki-chan » Sun 8th Nov 2009

hey, this ties in PERFECTLY wiht a picture I did earlier in the year!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Prank 'I won't be supprised if you can't guess it, it was kinda triksty :P'

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Sun 8th Nov 2009

Sounds like Fun guys!
Now to plot....
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

theeternitycode
LEP Recruit

Post by theeternitycode » Tue 10th Nov 2009

Here goes:

Butler - Elvis

That would just be so hilarious to me. In the Artemis Fowl Files, in Butler's interview he says that he loves romance novels/movies. So I couldn't really think of anything like that... and I wanted something contoversial. So I thought, why couldn't he be a singer for Halloween? and I was wondering who he would be, and it hit me. And I have no idea why, but it did.

Maybe I'll do other charries, too.
Lelouch... Do you know why snow is white? ...Snow is white because it has forgotten what color it's supposed to be. - C.C., Code Geass

Ally Kat
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Ally Kat » Sun 22nd Nov 2009

Holly: A Princess (Cinderella, Bell, Sleeping Beauty. Any one'll do)

Every girl wants to be the damsel in distress, especially when they usually have to play Prince Charming. I think Holly would want a break from being the super awesome cop who has to save a criminal masterminds butt all the time to play the one to be rescued, even if it's just for one day.

I’m not calling for a second chance,
I’m screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason, but don’t give me choice,
Because I’ll just make the same mistake again.

hiholly123
Dwarf Thief

Post by hiholly123 » Mon 23rd Nov 2009

Ooh, this is actually really hard...

Er...
Artemis-Vampire: hey, it never hurts to do the obvious!
(GIF not made by me)
Don't Blink.
Team Holly!

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Wed 9th Dec 2009

Okay, when I thought of Butler, I thought...

Butler - The Terminator (IDK...:lol:)
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sat 12th Dec 2009

Carino and Star Jinin haven't been on in awhile (Jeez, SJ, does Hetalia REALLY take importance over an actual responsibility?), I'll do my best to get them both on here so we can judge this thing, it's been long enough..

/EDIT: So, Star Jinin's computer time has been limited for anything but schoolwork and Hetalia has eaten her brain. I left a comment on her LiveJournal asking if she'd be okay with Car and I barreling on with the Challenges until she gets back. If she doesn't reply within a week or two, I guess Car and I'll be continuing on without her until she can get more computer time (and gets over Hetalia. Grrr...)
Now to PM Car...
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Wed 10th Feb 2010

I'm sorry for the doublepost, but as Star and Car haven't been getting on much, BlackOpal and I decided that until they can get on more, I'll keep posting up a Challenge by myself now and then, cuz I don't wanna drive you guys insane with the wait!
This one was actually insanely hard to judge because everything came so close, so please don't kill me with cookie guns of doom!

First Place - partyonsoccerfan
Cookies to you, Terminator is so obvious and yet... not even I thought of that.

Second Place - Ally Kat
Just because I, and many others probably, would enjoy having Artemis save Holly sometime instead of the other way around. (And no, it does not count when it was raining diamonds in TTP.)

Third Place - theeternitycode
I don't know why, but the first thing I think of when I think of Butler dressed up as Elvis with a wig is "EPIC". And then laughter. Kudos to you!

Honorable Mention: hiholly123
It does never hurt to do the obvious!