The Artemis Fowl Challenge Game

An Artemis Fowl game, open for anyone to join in. Read the stickied thread for details.
MichaelM
FG 5ever

The Artemis Fowl Challenge Game

Post by MichaelM » Sun 22nd Oct 2006

Well, the idea of an "Artemis Fowl Apprentice" game was very popular, but in practice, it didn't really work.

So instead, out of the ashes of Apprentice, comes Challenge. This new game is similar to the original in that it involves a judge setting a task, and then judging a winner. :)

The difference is that there are no more teams, and the Challenges will be alot easier. This way, players should find it far easier, and less "work" to participate. After all, this is just meant to be a bit of fun! :D

As for the details:

There will be one judge (Me). If the game gets popular enough, there may be more judges in future, but for now, this keeps things simple. ^_^

Each week, I will set a task (It could be a question, a challenge, or anything else that must be replied to).

There were originally 2 threads, one for entries and one for chat. This has now changed to just the one thread for both. Seems easier that way ^_^

In regards to sign-ups, there is no longer a sign-up process. ANYONE can enter a challenge, at any time. And there is no obligation to answering a challenge, eg. You can reply to a challenge one week, and then not do another one for a month if you want. Whatever suits you. :)

And finally, I will set up a leaderboard thread after the first challenge, and keep track of our winners.

Ask any questions about this here please! :)

btw - The old Apprentice threads have all been locked now.

Wednesday A. Rome
Troll

Post by Wednesday A. Rome » Fri 17th Nov 2006

Opps, um, I guess I should of asked before I entered a riddle. I like games :P . I read the rules wrong last night, but I can be forgiven. I had such a sinis headach, it felt like my eyes were going to shoot out of my head. So, I'm sorry to make somthing and not ask first. Could it please be left up, though? I think of them myself.
The Word of the Week is...<br><br><br>Abasement, n. A decent and customary metal (or mental, I can't read my writting) attitude in the presence of wealth of power. Peculiarly appropriate in an emplyee when addressing an employer -From the Devil's Dictrionary<br><br>Winner of Riddle #1: MichaelM #2: Mentos_not_mental<br><br>My heart belongs to evil Genii: Artemis Fowl, Jack Spicer, Hiruma Yochi, Ken Ichijouji...

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Fri 17th Nov 2006

lol - No problem ^_^

Ive moved your thread now, you can find it <a href='http://forum.fangathering.com/index.php?showtopic=1338' target='_blank'>here</a>, in the Other board. :)

Wednesday A. Rome
Troll

Oh! Thank you! I must warn you, I'm know for posting in the wrong section all the time. It's horrible, isn't it! That was nice of you, thank you again.
The Word of the Week is...<br><br><br>Abasement, n. A decent and customary metal (or mental, I can't read my writting) attitude in the presence of wealth of power. Peculiarly appropriate in an emplyee when addressing an employer -From the Devil's Dictrionary<br><br>Winner of Riddle #1: MichaelM #2: Mentos_not_mental<br><br>My heart belongs to evil Genii: Artemis Fowl, Jack Spicer, Hiruma Yochi, Ken Ichijouji...

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Fri 17th Nov 2006

lol - Dont worry about it. Just try to get threads where you think they should be, and if ya make the odd mistake, the mods will move the thread for ya :P

Wednesday A. Rome
Troll

Wow! You're much nicer then the pokemaster mods. They just lock 'em down. *grabs lower side to the left* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *is trying to type while in pain*

Criminal Mastermind
Centaur Genius

Post by Criminal Mastermind » Thu 4th Jan 2007

who sould play butler in the movie.

marie_svenson,sith
Mud-Man

Re: The Artemis Fowl Challenge Game

Post by marie_svenson,sith » Tue 14th Aug 2007

I can't remember his name, but I think it should be the guy who was like the "sidekick" in the new Pink Panther movie.
You know you have issues if you can name every song on an entirely instrumental soundtrack... when it's on shuffle!

Sennen_Phoenix
Gnome

Post by Sennen_Phoenix » Wed 5th Mar 2008

What if Arnold Swartzanegger (sp?) played Butler? (Not making any suggestions here.) That would be really funny. Or, better yet, this? http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?med ... eOffset=12
You can destroy the past, but you can never erase it.

Humankind cannot gain anything without giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be sacrificed. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.

---Live life to the fullest! Light A_P

:rockon: Rock on.

---DarkS_P

Miasaki-chan
Council Member

Post by Miasaki-chan » Fri 2nd Jan 2009

I don't know... I'd like the movie to be a...cartoon. It's easier to create an evil boy genius by creating one, than finding one soo, maybe that guy in "Blade" (I think that's the movie...
Last edited by Miasaki-chan on Sat 10th Jan 2009, edited 1 time in total.
The Prank 'I won't be supprised if you can't guess it, it was kinda triksty :P'

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Fri 2nd Jan 2009

You guys shouldn't be discussing this in the Fowl Challenge.

Go to the section about the movie. This is for the Artemis Fowl Challenge games, not the movie.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

artemisfowlrocks
Gnome

Post by artemisfowlrocks » Wed 29th Jul 2009

well they cant help it

butler is going to be played by jason statham

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Thu 30th Jul 2009

artemisfowlrocks, there's a rule about not going offtopic in topics. If you're going to discuss the movie, could you please go over to the movie section?
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Blufyrwolf213
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Blufyrwolf213 » Mon 11th Oct 2010

What is this? It sounds fun. :?: :!: 8) :shock: :D :) :razz: :lol: :mrgreen: :peace: :tinfoilhat: :welcome: I am new here. I really love the AF series though, so anything that means fun AF stuff is alright by me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Mon 11th Oct 2010

These challenges are actually not active right now. We switched to a new form of team challenge, called Artemis Fowl Land, which can be found in the section just under this one :)
ImageImageImage