Mafia

Posting games, check inside for some light-hearted fun!
-Posts in here do not increase your post count, and will not appear in searches.
Dwarf Thief

Mafia

Post by 017350 » Fri 11th Jan 2008

I am hosting a game of Mafia. If you would like to join in the game, just PM me and I will add you to the players list.

www.wikipedia.com wrote:Although Mafia is usually played face to face, online play is also common. These games last longer, and allow player's votes and words to be reviewed more easily. There are many forms of online play: the film Cry_Wolf was promoted through a wolves vs sheep variant, played over AOL Instant Messenger. But, online play typically means Internet forum-play. Early games were played among regular posters to the forum of mathematical puzzle site Grey Labyrinth. The standard human-moderated games require one or two moderators: A sign up thread is created announcing the game, and with sufficient players, the game can begin. It starts in the night phase with mafiosi communicating via PM before submitting their kill (to the moderator). The moderator then writes the appropriate death scene for those that were eliminated, and posts a dawn scene. (Software can automate the moderator function, but this is rarer, as of November 2007.) All players can now discuss (in the forum) who they should execute, followed by an execution vote.

I will be the moderator (Also known as the godfather). I will be the one who chooses who is the Mafia, the doctor, and the detective. The thing I like about Mafia is that you get to participate in the game even if you are just a normal townsperson. You want to keep your identity secret. I will be the only one that knows it. (Don't worry. I won't tell anyone until the game is over! :) ) As soon as we have enough players (around 6 or 7), the game will begin! If you have any questions about the game OR want to join, PM me!

Edit: There seems to have been a little confusion about the rules to this game. So here are step-by-step instructions on how to play:

1. Players will submit their names to the players list.
2. Once there are enough players on the list, the game will begin.
3. I will select 1 person to be the "Mafia", 1 person to be the "Doctor", and 1 person to be the "Detective". The rest of the people, I will tell them that they are "Townspeople" I will tell you who you are by PM.
4. I will tell all the townspeople to "Go to sleep." This means that they are it's night time in the game. And that they are asleep while I ask "Mafia", the "Detective", and the "Doctor" what they want. (See intructions 5-7)
5. I will PM the "Mafia", and ask him/her "Who would you like to kill?" the he/she will respond by saying who he/she would like to kill. For example:
Me: Who would you like to kill?
Mafia: I would like to kill carino!
6. Then, I will PM the doctor and ask him/her "Who would you like to try and save?" The doctor would then tell me who he/she would like to try to save. For example:
Me: Who would you like to try and save?
Doctor: I would like to try to save carino!
7. I will PM the detective and ask him/her "Who would you like to try and accuse?" The detective will then tell me who he/she would like to accuse. For example:
Me: Who would you like to accuse?
Detective: I would like to accuse Sophie!
8. I will then tell everyone to wake up. And I will tell them what happened "last night". For example:
Me: Last night, the strangest thing happened. The mafia tried to kill poor carino! As she was walking home from the movies, she passed the lake, where the Mafia sprung from behind a bush and strangled her! But... as she sat there dying, the doctor came along and saved her! (If the doctor had not chosen carino, she would be dead, and out of the game, until we start a new one.) But then, the detective came along and accused Sophie of commiting the murder! Townspeople, vote! (The townspeople would now cast their vote and if the majority of the townspeople voted Sophie guilty, then she would be "chased out of town". I will now announce if she is guilty or not. Let's say that she was innocent) People, you have just chased an innocent townsperson out of town!
9. We will repeat instructions 4-8 until either: The mafia is caught. OR all the townspeople are killed.
10. The people left alive will be declared the winners!

I know that it's VERY complicated. But if you learn how, it's the funnest game on the site!

PM me with any additional questions! If you do PM me, please put your username as the subject.

Host: 017350

Players List: harrygz, 2bAgen., HollyShort9, Arty the 7th, cabaline, carino, rocket, Crusher, PhoenixRSA, Sofie, xox Miss Livia xox.
Last edited by 017350 on Tue 4th Mar 2008, edited 8 times in total.
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?

Dwarf Thief

Re: Mafia

Post by 017350 » Sat 12th Jan 2008

The only 2 players of this game so far are: cabaline and 2bAgen. We need at least 6 or 7 players to start the game. If you like this game or know someone that might want to. please sign up by PMing (Private Messaging) me. Sign up today!
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?

Dwarf Thief

Post by 017350 » Sun 13th Jan 2008

There are 4 players now: cabaline, 2bAgen, Sophie, harrygz.

If you want the game to start soon, then put this in your signature:

Calling Fangathering Members! There is this brand new game in the "Forum Games" forum! It's called "Mafia"! Click on the link to play:

http://www.forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4266

Code: Select all

[size=150]Calling Fangathering Members! There is this brand new game in the "Forum Games" forum! It's called "Mafia"! Click on the link to play:[/size]

[url]http://www.forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4266[/url]
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Sun 13th Jan 2008

i would enjoy this game! May I play?
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

Dwarf Thief

Post by 017350 » Sun 13th Jan 2008

I would like to announce that we now have enough players to play the game! We will wait a bit longer to play though. Just in case there might be a few players that want to join that haven't yet. :)
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?

Dwarf Thief

Post by 017350 » Mon 14th Jan 2008

Okay! It's too late to sign up for this game, but if you wouls like to play in the next one, that would be great! I have now assigned everyone their parts. Look at the PM I sent out to find out your part.

Warning: You must NEVER tell ANYONE your part, or else we will either: have to start a new game OR have you disqaulified until the next game.

Until I send out a PM telling you when the game starts, please do not post on this thread.
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?

Dwarf Thief

Post by 017350 » Tue 15th Jan 2008

Okay! The game has now started! If you haven't already, I would suggest subscribing to this topic. Just to know when something new has happened! I guess I should start the game with:

Townspeople, go to sleep!

EDIT: Everyone has given me their answer except the doctor. Doctor, PM me soon.
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?

Dwarf Thief

Post by 017350 » Thu 17th Jan 2008

Townspeople, wake up! Last night, there was a terrible accident. While BlackOpal was at the airport last night, she took a taxi home. But the taxi driver turned out to be the Mafia. He drove full speed towards her house and he leaped out at the last moment. Leaving the car, with BlackOpal in it, crashed into the house killing BlackOpal inside. Unfortunatly, the doctor was busy getting a splinter out of carino's arm. Later that night, the detective arrived at the scene and after thoroughly investigating the scene, the detective pointed his/her finger at: 2bAgen!

Townspeople, I need your vote. Do you think 2bAgen is guilty? Do not PM me with your vote, post it here. (Yes, 2bAgen also has a chance to vote. So do the Mafia, the Doctor and the Detective, as long as they don't say who they are. But unfortunately, BlackOpal cannot vote... Sorry, BlackOpal)

Townspeople, VOTE!!!

EDIT: No days left to vote.
Last edited by 017350 on Sun 20th Jan 2008, edited 4 times in total.
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?

PhoenixRSA
LEP Recruit

Post by PhoenixRSA » Fri 18th Jan 2008

I will say not guilty
Calling Fangathering Members! There is this brand new game in the "Forum Games" forum! It's called "Mafia"! Click on the link to play:

https://www.forum.fangathering.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4266
Thanks to /b/ for his photoshopp greatness!
OH NO! THEY HAVE NERFED THE NUCLEAR ATTACK TESLA DOGS!
Founder of the Hyperactive club! **Twitch**

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Sat 19th Jan 2008

I will say guilty.
Poor BlackOpal... :(
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

xox Miss Livia xox
Queen of Wonderland

Post by xox Miss Livia xox » Sat 19th Jan 2008

i say, not guilty! (blackOpal! NOOOO!!)
"People are gonna tell you who you are your whole life. You just gotta punch back and say, "No, this is who I am". You want people to look at you differently? Make them! You want to change things, you're gonna have to go out there and change them yourself, because there are no fairy godmothers in this world." - Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time.
Welcome aboard, lads and lasses. Let's see what adventures await us...

Join me:
~My Art page~|~My facebook ~|

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Sat 19th Jan 2008

I vote guilty, i'm in that mood :razz: Poor black opal :(

2bAgen.
Dwarf Thief

Post by 2bAgen. » Sat 19th Jan 2008

Not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me.Innocent (obviously!)
>>>=)<<<
Dahh... I have not been here in zonks.

Bet you don't remember me!

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Sun 20th Jan 2008

I say not guilty 'cause I'm nice like that.
ImageImageImage

Dwarf Thief

Post by 017350 » Sun 20th Jan 2008

Okay. I got impatient to continue the game. But the only one that didn't vote is harrygz. And no matter what he chose it would have been the same answer. The townspeople have decided to vote 2bAgen NOT guilty! 2bAgen is still alive! We will begin the next round soon. :D

Turn to page 2 to see what happens next! >
Last edited by 017350 on Thu 24th Jan 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-- Click here!
Image <-- Here too!
Image <-- Another click?