What is the worst book to movie ever made?

This or that? Give your opinions in the votes within.

Worst book to movie ever made?

Game of thrones
67%
Harry Potter
33%
Hobbit/Lord of the Rings
No votes

Total votes: 3

Percy Jackson(sorry)
Gnome

What is the worst book to movie ever made?

Post by Percy Jackson(sorry) » Mon 16th Mar 2020

There are a lot of movies that failed to live up to the book. But which exactly is the worst? This includes Tv shows. Feel free to comment if you think there is a worse one.
Last edited by Percy Jackson(sorry) on Tue 17th Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: What is the worst book to movie ever made?

Post by Cabaline » Mon 16th Mar 2020

Hey, just for future reference, when you make a poll, you can check out the tab under the post box, to actually create a poll that people can vote in. You can always add an option for "Other - Comment Below" if you think there are just too many :)

I remember getting really mad at the film version of Angels and Demons. Someone who died in the books ended up becoming THE POPE in the flim version. Way to get that very wrong. And I know this is a TV show and not a movie but *cough* game of thrones *cough*
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Percy Jackson(sorry)
Gnome

Thanks. I just thought there were too many.

Percy Jackson(sorry)
Gnome

I did not mean to quote you there. Heh. :)

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Mon 16th Mar 2020

That's ok! You also don't need to double post, you can edit your first post and I'll still see it :) And I don't mind being quoted, it's cool :D
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Percy Jackson(sorry)
Gnome

Cool.Thanks again. I have quite a few other polls, if you want to check them out.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Tue 17th Mar 2020

It might be about two months too early for this thread, we'll see if all our answers suddenly change on May 29 :lol:

If we're talking about personal worsts, the third Hobbit movie is one for me. I remember being in the theater on opening night and every single person there laughing at things that really weren't supposed to be funny. Legolas running up falling rubble in slow motion, Legolas hanging upside down from a flying creature while shooting his bow, etc. Generally Legolas being there at all, to be honest. He should have had a cameo in the second movie and left it at that XD Also, I fully cannot believe that Peter Jackson read the word "were-worms" and thought to himself: "Ah yes, this must mean 'literal giant worm!' No need to do any further research." :lol:

Although, I 100% agree with Cab - if this were expanded to include television adaptations, Game of Thrones would be it all the way.
ImageImageImage

Percy Jackson(sorry)
Gnome

Post by Percy Jackson(sorry) » Tue 17th Mar 2020

The other day, I was talking to my friend about the Harry Potter movies, when out of the blue he says, "The first movie was okay, but still way better than the second one, which cost like twelve dollars." This made me laugh so hard. I think the movies were the best they could possibly be. That doesn't mean they were anywhere close to the book. And really, with all the franchising, we're gonna start seeing Harry Potter chain restaurants.
Speaking of Harry Potter, I need to make a new thread to talk about the worst books ever. 1# Harry Potter and the Cursed Chid. I mean, what!? Oh, and by the way, feel free to include Tv shows in here.

Fowl Play
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Fowl Play » Thu 19th Mar 2020

Yay! I figured out how to navigate the forum! Anywho, I would have to go with the How To Train Your Dragon movies, mainly the third one. The books, I loved and read several times over (I told y'all I'm a geek), and the movies were so different and messed so much up. I was okay with the first one, the second one was better, but the third one was "What are you doing?!?!?" They went from something pretty much completely different from the books to trying to switch tactics and get some semblance of the books for the last movie. When the third one came out, this became one of the few movies I admit I don't like. And I have to really hate a movie to admit I don't like it. So there's my opinion. Not a choice on the poll, I know but I like all the others! Okay, so that last part was a lie. I didn't like the Harry Potter Cursed Child book. And now they plan to make a movie out of it?!?!?!?! (I'm not joking, look it up) It was meandering, confusing, and too much happened with too little time to let it soak in. JKR didn't have her heart in it, it was just for a quick buck. So there's my official answer for the poll and my real life off the poll answers. Mine is for a bad soon to be movie, cause there's no way it'll be good. I completed my first official forum post! Yeet!

Percy Jackson(sorry)
Gnome

Post by Percy Jackson(sorry) » Thu 19th Mar 2020

Okay. I can get behind that. Congrats on figuring out the forum!(It took me a while too. :) ) The only thing I have to say is, for movies like how to train your dragon, I take as an entirely different thing. Like, as if the movie isn't even related to the book.The reason I don't like the Harry Potter movies is because they tried to follow the books really closely, which is great, but they failed to get the same feeling as the books. I know part of that is because movies never give the same feeling, but they just kinda bug me. Also, I know this isn't a book, but the remakes of the Lion King and Aladdin? What the heck were those? And now they're remaking Mulan! And Mushu isn't in it?! What? They literally took all of the funny parts out of it, turned Mulan into an unlikeable character, and gave us this? And what's the deal with running up the walls? Ugh!
Wow. Sorry about that. As you can probably tell, remakes bug me. Don't get me started on the Star Wars movies. I need to go sit down. Wait, I am sitting down. I need to go sit down somewhere else.
Again, congrats on the forum. Hope to see you around here again soon! :D
Sorry for double posting. That wasn't on purpose.
Last edited by Percy Jackson(sorry) on Thu 19th Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.

AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Post by AFrules12 » Fri 27th Mar 2020

The Percy Jackson Movies.

I grew up with that book series and love it so much and people don't even bother reading them because they've seen the films and have been put off. It's so frustrating.